Will you help us turning the world of waste upside down?
At Seenons we are on a mission to bring people together for a waste-free world Most important is that we’re in it together. No team, no nothing. As there is no time to waste, we're looking for an Optimization Engineer Intern with a passion for route optimization, machine learning and GIS to join our mission!
Make an impact
Waste is a growing global challenge. In the Netherlands only we burn 2 million megatons of waste per year. That is the equivalent of 400 million cargo bikes full of waste! To contribute to the transition to a more circular economy, we use innovative and smart technology that is good for people, animals and the environment. We do this together with 25+ employees in the international city Amsterdam. As a team we value freedom and ownership, making us go to work full of energy every day. We dare to steer our own course and do things just that little bit differently. This is how we work together as a team to create a waste-free world!
Looking for the best route
As an optimization engineering intern at Seenons, you get to own parts of the Seenons Platform. This is the cornerstone of our company. Your ideas are valued and play a key role in developing products our customers love to use. We don’t expect you to know it all, but we expect you to want to learn with eagerness to overcome new challenges and prove yourself.
Your main responsibility will be to support the development of new features, end-to-end and with a focus on route optimization. You will visualize data to respond to business questions, or in order to dissect the complexity of data problems. An important task will be to implement tests for new features. By working closely with the wider tech team you will constantly embrace new challenges and requirement pivots, as we continue to grow and adjust priorities of the organization. Help us evolve the technical backbone of Seenons, to enable us to build the platform for the circular economy!
At Seenons, our company culture is very important for us. Therefore we are looking for you if you are open-minded, driven and full of initiative. You like to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment within a wider team. You have good communication, planning and organizing skills. Next to that you have affinity with sustainability/circularity. Therefore you immediately feel like you want to get started with our mission!
You have a relevant educational background in mathematics and a basic understanding of graph optimization problems. Also you are familiar with Python and its ecosystem, especially oriented to data science and machine learning.
What we offer you
- The chance to experience the first days of an ambitious and fast-growing start-up.
- A learning curve so steep that it’s making loops.
- Internship allowance.
- A team of 25 young, enthusiastic and international colleagues.
- The opportunity to contribute to the race to zero waste together.
- An opportunity to really make a difference within our organization. Lots of freedom and responsibility. Your opinion counts!
- Office that meets the RIVM requirements – even in this time of (partial) working from home, we are still looking for committed people!
- A hip, renovated office in the Houthavens area in Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam CS / Sloterdijk.
- In better times we prepare a fresh, local and organic lunch every day and we enjoy a drink at the office every Friday.
Are you interested in the internship?
Then apply now with your C.V. and your motivation letter via the apply button!